Are Veneers Right For You?
Living with imperfect teeth, whether they’re discolored or crooked, can often leave one wishing there was a solution that would help give them the perfect smile they’ve always dreamed of. For those who already know about veneers there are often questions about whether or not these are a good solution for their dental concerns, but they never quite get around to asking. If you’re reading this you’re likely one of those who is looking for answers, and we’re happy to provide them in this guide.
Signs You May Be A Candidate For Veneer Dentistry
While dental veneers are an incredible way of handling cosmetic concerns with your teeth, they aren’t an ideal solution for every patient. Trying to decide if they’re a solution that will work with you involves asking a few questions and checking to see if your dental concern falls under those that are correctable by veneers. Candidates for veneers can be identified by the following qualifiers:
• Teeth that are severely stained – For lesser stains teeth whitening procedures may be appropriate, but if your teeth are severely stained porcelain veneers can help.
• Slight imperfections in your teeth – If you have minor chips or teeth that are misshapen or cracked, then veneers can often work to correct them.
• Multiple cosmetic issues – Teeth discolored and uneven? Have a chipped tooth or one that’s mildly crooked? Multiple problems can be addressed at once with veneers.
• Good Oral Health – Those who are suffering from gingivitis or periodontitis aren’t good candidates, but once these issues are resolved veneers may be appropriate.
• Adequate Enamel – The application of veneers involves the removal of a thin layer of enamel from your teeth, so your teeth must have sufficient enamel to withstand this.
• Mostly Straight Teeth – Veneers aren’t appropriate for resolving major misalignments or cases where the bite is misaligned due to malocclusion.
• No Bruxism – If you clench or grind your teeth then veneers aren’t a good solution as they can crack under this kind of abuse. Additionally, habits like chewing ice, nails, or the use of your teeth as tools also disqualify you.
If these conditions describe you, then you may be a solid candidate for veneers and should contact your dentist immediately. Only through a consultation with your dentist can you begin your path to beautiful teeth with veneers.
The Final Verdict
If you’ve decided that veneers are something you want to invest in, it’s time to pick up the phone and contact a dedicated professional to start your journey to beautiful teeth. Yours can start by calling Midtown dental Care in downtown New York City, and arranging a consultation with Dr. Jaskaren Randhawa. Her practice has centered around restoring her patient’s beautiful smiles and helping them maintain them for a lifetime.
Veneers are a wonderful way to restore your smile, but they do require that your dental health allows your teeth to withstand the treatment and that your condition falls within those treatable with veneers. Don’t wait another day to start your journey to beautiful teeth, call Dr. Randhawa today.